Leading by Example: Best Practices in Charitable Giving
To read a recap of the event click here.
The Boston Foundation, Boston College, and Ropes & Gray LLP are pleased to announce that the second daylong Leading By Example conference on the latest developments and best practices in charitable giving will be held at the Campus Center at the University of Massachusetts, Boston, on October 20, 2016. The conference will provide a forum for professional advisors, family office leaders, non-profit professionals, and donors to share their experiences, review recent developments, discuss best practices, learn from other experts, and express their passion for philanthropy.
Themes for this year’s conference include the intersection of public policy and charitable giving, impact investing, multi-generational philanthropy, social entrepreneurship, complex gifting strategies, navigating non-profit board participation, and mobilizing the legal, charitable, public, and private sectors to create social change. Introductory remarks will be made by Paul Grogan, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Boston Foundation. Greg A. Shell, Managing Director of Bain Capital Double Impact Fund, will present the keynote address.
Please use the links below to access selected materials from the conference.
- Beyond the Classroom: Unlocking Student Potential
- Gifts of Complex Assets and Complex Gifting Strategies
- The Future of Philanthropy and Social Change
- The Challenges and Rewards of Multi-Generational Family Foundations
- The Current State of Impact Investing
- Structuring Your Social Venture for Impact: Emerging Legal Structures
- Measuring Program Impact: Data for What? Who Decides What Gets Measured?
- The Idea to impact Gap: Creative Solutions for Funding Science-Based Startups
- Mobilizing for Impact: How the Legal, Charitable, Public and Private Sectors Joined Forces in the Fight Against Sex Trafficking