Ropes & Gray Investment Management Counsel to Speak at Practising Law Institute’s Seminar on Mutual Funds
Ropes & Gray investment management counsel Edward Baer (San Francisco) will be a featured speaker in the Practising Law Institute seminar the “Basics of Mutual Funds and Other Registered Investment Companies 2017”. The seminar will be held in New York City on April 20, 2017. Mr. Baer’s panel is titled “Current Trends and Developments Related to Funds,” and will consider:
- What are the major trends in the design and distribution of mutual funds?
- Will ETFs ever overtake mutual funds as the dominant pooled investment vehicle for the retail investor?
- Where do hedge funds fit in the investment fund landscape?
- Will new SEC rules drive managers out of the mutual fund business?
- Does the new SEC signal a new era of fund deregulation?
More information about the panel is available here.