Shareholder Engagement Series: Proxy Prep
You are cordially invited to attend our Shareholder Engagement Series session designed to brief you on what to expect with the upcoming proxy season. Our program will feature a panel discussion with industry observers, including Ropes & Gray partners in our mergers & acquisitions and shareholder engagement and activism practices.
We will explore current trends in shareholder engagement with a focus on the latest “asks” by investors and the various strategies and defenses used to handle the demands of shareholders, whether activists or not. The event will conclude with a reception.
DATE Wednesday, November 29, 2017
TIME 4:00 – 7:30 PM
PLACE Ropes & Gray LLP | 1211 Avenue of the Americas | 38th Floor | New York
Topics of discussion will include:
- Resurgence of M&A Activism
- Changing Tactics on Board Nominations (including as to Board Refreshment, Diversity/Gender Equality and the Aftermath of Election Contests)
- Increasingly Aggressive Short-Selling Campaigns
- Latest Updates on Activist Strategy to Seek CEO Resignations
- More Demanding Shareholder Proposals
For more information about our mergers & acquisitions, shareholder engagement and activism and corporate & shareholder litigation practices, please reach out to the attorneys highlighted in the Attorney Profiles.