Will Value-based Care Save the Health Care System?
Value-based health care is one of today’s most pressing topics in health care finance and policy. To explore this important issue, Ropes & Gray and Harvard Law School’s Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics hosted a full-day conference on value-based health care. The event brought together the foremost health care scholars, law practitioners and industry business leaders to provide a variety of viewpoints on challenges posed by the current regulatory framework, innovative value-based health care models and value-based contracting in the pharmaceutical industry, among other topics.
- Can Value-based Contracting Work for Pharma Companies
- Data in Value-based Health Care
- Defining the Scope of "Value-based" Pricing"
- Prescription Drug Prices and "Value"
- Value-based Health Care
We are pleased to share video footage of the panels at the conference: » Watch NowThese videos include:
A panel titled “Is the Current Regulatory Framework Stifling Value-based Health Care?,” offering the perspectives of:
- Tom Bulleit, Partner, Ropes & Gray
- Austin Frakt, Associate Professor, Boston University School of Public Health; Visiting Associate Professor, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- Karen Gledhill, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Fresenius Medical Care North America
- Lee Sacks, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Advocate Health Care and Chief Executive Officer of Advocate Physician Partners
- Moderator: Carmel Shachar, Executive Director, the Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics at Harvard Law School
A discussion on “The Importance of Data in Value-based Health Care,” featuring:
- Debbie Gersh, Partner, Ropes & Gray
- David Peloquin, Associate, Ropes & Gray
- Charles Safran, Professor of Medicine and Chief, Division of Clinical Informatics, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Moderator: David O’Brien, Senior Researcher, Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society, Harvard University
A panel on “Innovative Business Models in the Emerging Value-based Health Care Landscape,” featuring:
- Leemore Dafny, Bruce V. Rauner Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
- Thomas Lee, Chief Medical Officer, Press Ganey Associates
- Tim McCrystal, Partner, Ropes & Gray
- Betsy Van Hecke, Vice President, Legal, Cardiac and Vascular Group, Medtronic
- Moderator: Timothy Layton, Assistant Professor of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School
Ropes & Gray helps clients from every segment of the health care industry at every stage of their transition to value-based health care, from the initial evaluation of appropriate payment models (including all CMS innovation initiatives) to network formation, integration and contracting.
For more insights on the legal and regulatory developments in connection to value-based health care, please visit our dedicated microsite