Life Sciences Quarterly: Life Sciences Trends and Market Access in China
On Wednesday, April 25, Ropes & Gray hosted a China Life Sciences Summit that featured a presentation by life sciences partners Arthur Mok and Katherine Wang and intellectual property partner Geoffrey Lin on regional market conditions and current life sciences trends. The presentation was followed by a panel discussion, in which industry experts from Zai Lab, Novartis and F Prime Capital joined our partners to discuss their insights on best practices, major risks and regulatory issues facing China’s life sciences industry. The presentation and panel discussion examined various topics, including:
- Key China FDA regulatory trends
- Structuring effective partnership agreements and other arrangements to access the China market
- Common issues facing companies licensing to China
- China capital sources – who they are, what their focus is, what types of deal terms to expect and where their money comes from
- ABAC Concerns – are they still prevalent in today’s market?
- Opportunities and challenges associated with working with Chinese CROs, CMOs and other contract organizations