Ropes & Gray Investment Management Counsel to Speak at Practising Law Institute’s 2018 Seminar on Mutual Funds
Ropes & Gray investment management counsel Edward Baer will participate in a Practising Law Institute seminar titled the “Basics of Mutual Funds and Other Registered Investment Companies 2018”.
The seminar will be held in New York City on May 14, 2018 and will offer insights into regulatory and enforcement developments – including the new administration and SEC -- that could significantly change the landscape of the retail investment management industry.
Mr. Baer’s panel is titled “Current Trends and Developments Related to Funds,” and will consider:
- What are the major trends in the design and distribution of mutual funds?
- How is Fintech changing the landscape?
- Will ETFs ever overtake mutual funds as the dominant pooled investment vehicle for the retail investor?
- Where do hedge funds fit in the investment fund landscape?
- Will new SEC rules drive managers out of the mutual fund business?
- Does the new SEC signal a new era of fund deregulation?
More information about the panel is available here.