Ropes & Gray Sponsors 2023 Kayo Women’s Private Equity and Real Estate Summits
Ropes & Gray proudly sponsored the Kayo Women’s Private Equity and Real Estate Summits, which took place in Miami from June 12–14.
The Private Equity Summit brought together 350 women leaders across the private equity ecosystem to connect, learn and advance their careers. Concurrently, the Real Estate Summit brought together more than 200 of the nation’s leading women in real estate investing.
As a sponsor of both conferences, Ropes & Gray attorneys led panels and fireside chats throughout the three-day gathering. Attorneys who participated in the private equity conference included:
- Debra Lussier, asset management partner and co-leader of Ropes & Gray’s sponsor solutions group, hosted a fireside chat with Melissa Dickerson, Managing Director, Operations & Chief Financial Officer at Genstar Capital.
- Elizabeth Gallucci, private equity partner, moderated the “Mastering Deal Origination” panel. The discussion focused on how private equity firms are finding companies at the right price in today’s market, whether market volatility is creating or hampering competition for deals, and how rising interest rates and a potential recession could impact valuations.
- Amanda Persaud, asset management partner, moderated a panel titled “What’s the Deal with GP Stakes Investing?” The panel examined fundraising activity for GP stakes funds and answered questions related to construction, allocation, and GP and LP benefits.
- Lindsey Goldstein, asset management partner, moderated the “Co-Investing 101: Risks and Benefits” panel. The discussion covered what it takes to build a successful co-investment program and what pitfalls to avoid.
The real estate conference included panel discussions moderated by the following Ropes & Gray attorneys:
- Sally Davis, real estate investments & transactions partner, moderated a panel titled “Real Estate Market Outlook & Opportunities.” The panel focused on the trends across the industry given the current economic landscape and discuss strategies for managers to set themselves apart as fewer investors and lenders provide capital.
- Effie Floyd, real estate investments & transactions counsel, moderated a panel titled “Investments in Housing: Meeting the Demands of Today and Tomorrow” that focused on ongoing challenges in housing supply and opportunities for investors in the residential sector.
Ropes & Gray has supported the Kayo Conference Series through sponsorships of industry events for nearly a decade. This support is just one of the many ways that Ropes & Gray promotes the work of Ropes & Gray’s talented women attorneys and invests in female talent in the corporate world at large. Click here to learn more about Ropes & Gray’s commitment to advancing the careers of women in law.