Ropes & Gray to Have Major Presence at 2023 Kayo Women’s Private Equity and Real Estate Summits
Ropes & Gray is proud to sponsor the Kayo Women’s Private Equity and Real Estate Summits, taking place in Miami from June 12–14.
The Private Equity Summit will bring together 350 women leaders across the private equity ecosystem to connect, learn and advance their careers. Concurrently, the Real Estate Summit will bring together more than 200 of the nation’s leading women in real estate investing.
As a sponsor of both conferences, Ropes & Gray attorneys will lead panels and fireside chats throughout the three-day gathering. Attorneys participating in the private equity conference include:
- Debra Lussier, asset management partner and co-leader of Ropes & Gray’s sponsor solutions group, will host a fireside chat with Melissa Dickerson, Managing Director, Operations & Chief Financial Officer at Genstar Capital.
- Elizabeth Gallucci, private equity partner, will moderate the “Mastering Deal Origination” panel. The discussion will focus on how private equity firms are finding companies at the right price in today’s market, whether market volatility is creating or hampering competition for deals, and how rising interest rates and a potential recession could impact valuations.
- Amanda Persaud, asset management partner, will moderate a panel titled “What’s the Deal with GP Stakes Investing?” The panel will examine fundraising activity for GP stakes funds and answer questions related to construction, allocation, and GP and LP benefits.
- Lindsey Goldstein, asset management partner, will moderate the “Co-Investing 101: Risks and Benefits” panel. The discussion will cover what it takes to build a successful co-investment program and what pitfalls to avoid.
The real estate conference will include panel discussions moderated by the following Ropes & Gray attorneys:
- Sally Davis, real estate investments & transactions partner, will moderate a panel titled “Real Estate Market Outlook & Opportunities.” The panel will focus on the trends across the industry given the current economic landscape and discuss strategies for managers to set themselves apart as fewer investors and lenders provide capital.
- Effie Floyd, real estate investments & transactions counsel, will moderate a panel titled “Investments in Housing: Meeting the Demands of Today and Tomorrow” that will focus on ongoing challenges in housing supply and opportunities for investors in the residential sector.
Ropes & Gray has been supporting the Kayo Conference Series through sponsorships of industry events for nearly a decade. This support is just one of the many ways that Ropes & Gray promotes the work of Ropes & Gray’s talented women attorneys and invests in female talent in corporate world at large. Click here to learn more about Ropes & Gray’s commitment to advancing the careers of women in law.