Financial News Honors Ropes & Gray as “Law Firm of the Year Finalist: Banking and Finance”
In May 2013, Financial News honored Ropes & Gray as one of five finalists in the “Law Firm of the Year: Banking and Finance” category for the publication’s 10th Awards for Excellence in Institutional Private Equity, Europe 2013. This award honors the main players, advisers and individuals in the European private equity industry. Winners will be announced on June 5 in London.
This year, Ropes & Gray’s London office has received high rankings and recognition including being named as Legal Business’ “U.S. Law Firm of the Year” at its annual awards ceremony. The firm also received recognition for the BSN Medical-EQT deal at IFLR’s Europe Awards where Ropes & Gray was named a finalist for the “Private Equity Deal of the Year” and the “High-yield Deal of the Year” categories.
Since opening its London office in 2009, Ropes & Gray now has more than 66 lawyers, including 19 partners and has established itself as a leader in European high-yield financings, handling high-profile transactions for clients including:
- Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG in connection with all aspects of their bid for a portfolio of 37 loan assets being auctioned by Lloyds Bank.
- Liberty Global International in the financing for Liberty’s US$23.3 billion acquisition of Virgin Media.
- Sankaty Advisors in the provision of €170 million of mezzanine debt for the acquisition, by Hellman & Friedman, of a majority stake in Wood Mackenzie.
- Highbridge, MV Credit, Partners Group, JPMorgan, and KKR in the €1.82 billion acquisition of BSN Medical by EQT.
- Altice VII S.à r.L. on a US$1.1 billion Israeli high-yield debt offering in connection with the take-private and refinancing of HOT-Telecommunications Systems Ltd.
- Bitė Finance in connection with its €200 million high-yield offering.