Legal 500US Ranks Ropes & Gray Highly in 2015 Guide
Ropes & Gray is ranked in 26 practice areas in the 2015 Legal 500 US announced on June 3. The firm also was named as a finalist for the 2015 Legal 500 US Awards in two categories: mutual/registered funds and private equity buyouts.
In addition, 112 of the firm’s attorneys have been individually recommended in their areas of practice.
The firm was ranked in the following practice categories:
- Antitrust: civil litigation/class actions
- Finance: bank lending (including other sources of financing)
- Finance: capital markets: equity offerings
- Finance: corporate restructuring (including bankruptcy)
- Finance: not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Industry focus: healthcare: life sciences
- Industry focus: healthcare: service providers
- Intellectual property: patent licensing and transactional
- Intellectual property: patent litigation: full coverage
- Intellectual property: patent prosecution: utility and design patents
- Investment fund formation and management: alternative/hedge funds
- Investment fund formation and management: mutual/registered funds
- Investment fund formation and management: private equity funds
- Labor and employment: employee benefits and executive compensation
- Labor and employment: labor and employment litigation
- Litigation: commercial litigation
- Litigation: securities: shareholder litigation
- Litigation: white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial: M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- M&A/corporate and commercial: M&A: litigation: defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial: private equity buyouts
- Media, technology and telecoms: cyber crime
- Media, technology and telecoms: technology: data protection and privacy
- Media, technology and telecoms: technology: transactions
- Real estate and construction: real estate
- Tax: domestic tax
All of the Legal 500 rankings are national, and the guide includes only elite firms, with just 307 selected for inclusion in 2015. The publication cites clients praising the firm’s “excellent work ethic,” “dedicated” attorneys, “strong bench” and “terrific health care work.”
The Legal 500 US rankings follow strong performances by the firm in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia-Pacific, Chambers UK, and, most recently, Chambers USA, which ranked the firm in 46 categories. Ropes & Gray was also named the health care firm of the year for 2015 with the Chambers USA Award for Excellence.
To see the full Legal 500 US rankings, click here.