Ropes & Gray Partners to Speak at 2016 Private Fund Compliance Forum
On Tuesday, May 10, and Wednesday, May 11, Ropes & Gray partners Jason Brown (private investment funds, Boston), Eva Carman (government enforcement, New York) and Joel Wattenbarger (hedge funds, New York) will present and moderate at the 2016 Private Fund Compliance Forum, to be held at the Convene Conference Center, in New York City.
Mr. Brown and Ms. Carman’s presentation on Tuesday, May 10 is titled “SEC enforcement actions against private equity firms – a view from the front lines.” This will review:
- How does the process unfold?
- What are the types of issues that have caused enforcement investigations?
- What are the strategic decisions to consider now to avoid enforcement actions?
- How to read the public SEC settlement orders to gather key information
On Wednesday, May 11, Mr. Wattenbarger will moderate the panel titled “Effecting SEC compliant marketing and advertising standards,” which will cover:
- How to negotiate a response to an exam findings or deficiency letter
- Understanding and negotiating with the SEC
- Knowing what arguments have been successful
- Testing numbers and examining the returns
- Do GP amounts get included in the IRR?
Ropes & Gray is proud to be a lead sponsor of the event.