Backpack Project Donations Provide More than 1,200 Children with Essential School Supplies in 2016
Ropes & Gray’s participation in the 2016 Backpack Project helped provide backpacks and school supplies (including clothing) to more than 1,200 children in need before the start of the 2016/2017 school year. Attorneys and staff from the firm's Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. offices contributed backpacks, school supplies and funds for the purchase of supplies, all of which benefit needy children through area shelters, charitable organizations and schools.
This year’s recipients included the following organizations:
- Boston: Revision House, Heading Home, Casa Nueva Vida, Transition House, Bridge Home, St. Mary’s, Margaret’s House, Nazareth House, the Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership, Project Hope, the Sojourner House, St. Ambrose
- New York: Women-In-Need, Fox House, Sojourner Truth House
- Chicago: Barton Elementary
- Hong Kong: Harmony House Limited
- San Francisco: SF Foster Youth Program
- Silicon Valley: Santa Clara Foster Youth
- Washington, D.C.: Coalition for the Homeless
The Backpack Project has been supported by Ropes & Gray since 1999, and the firm’s participation in this year’s initiative was organized by coordinators, volunteers and shoppers.