The Week at Ropes & Gray: a Sale of an Oil and Gas Supplier; a License Deal for an Experimental Duchenne Treatment; Risk in the Asset Management Industry; Investment Management Update; Top Rankings in IFLR1000
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Bain Capital Private Equity announced it will sell Blackhawk Specialty Tools, a provider of equipment and services to the oil and gas industries, to Frank’s International, the global oil services company. A Ropes & Gray team of corporate, intellectual property, tax, executive compensation and antitrust lawyers advised Bain and Blackhawk.
- Ropes & Gray IP transactions attorneys advised Sarepta Therapeutics in a $584 million exclusive license and collaboration agreement with Summit Therapeutics for European rights to Summit’s utrophin modulator pipeline, including ezutromid, an experimental treatment for Duchenne muscular dystrophy. The firm previously represented Sarepta in its 2015 initial public offering.
- In New York, SIFMA’s Asset Management Group hosted an event exploring international regulatory issues and current events of interest to asset managers, including Brexit and regulatory reform of the equities, fixed-income and derivatives markets. Ropes & Gray’s David Tittsworth moderated a panel that addressed concerns about systemic risk in the industry.
- Ropes & Gray attorneys summarize recent legal developments affecting the mutual fund and investment management industry in the latest edition of the Investment Management Update.
- The 2017 edition of the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) 1000 is out, and Ropes & Gray received strong rankings for its global corporate practices. The firm was recognized in 29 categories across Asia, the United Kingdom and the United States, with 59 attorneys worldwide recognized as “Leading Lawyers” or “Rising Stars.”
- Coming up: Ropes & Gray lawyers Colleen Conry and Kellie Combs are scheduled to speak at the Pharmaceutical Compliance Forum’s Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance Congress in Washington, D.C., Oct. 19-21. Register and learn more information here.