The Week at Ropes & Gray: $7.1 Billion Deal; Online Hub for Health Care Compliance; IP Due Diligence; Key Trends in Private Equity
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- In a deal valued at $7.1 billion, Ropes & Gray advised LTS Group Holdings LLC (Lightower) in connection with its entry into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Crown Castle International Corp. Lightower is a leading provider of fiber solutions with a dense fiber footprint in top metro markets in the Northeast, including Boston, New York and Philadelphia.
- In today’s global regulatory regime, the need to develop and maintain an effective compliance program has never been stronger. To assist our health care and life sciences clients in their compliance efforts, we launched Global Health Care Compliance, an online hub for articles, webinars, and other resources.
- Intellectual property due diligence can be practiced in a variety of transactional contexts. In this presentation recap, which includes a video and an accompanying transcript, three panelists explored the issues and strategies for conducting IP due diligence to mitigate risk and add value.
- Our private equity attorneys in the U.K. authored the July edition of the “Private Equity Watch" newsletter. In addition to commentary on the PE and debt markets, topics in this edition include the impact of new legislation on U.K. deal structures; the GDPR and its impact on the EU data protection regime; and new duty to report on payment practices and performances.
- Follow us on Twitter @RopesGray for legal insights and the latest firm news.