Keith Higgins Discusses Current SEC Reporting Trends in Webcast
In a webcast produced by Ernst & Young, Keith Higgins, chair of Ropes & Gray’s securities & governance practice, examines the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission’s comment letter process. Mr. Higgins and the panelists discuss:
- An overview of the SEC comment letter process
- Statistics about SEC staff comment letters over the past year including recent trends
- Recent SEC staff focus areas including non-GAAP financial measures
- Expectations for 2018 “hot buttons”
- Best practices and tips for working with the SEC staff
Each of the panelists on the webcast has worked previously at the SEC, including Mr. Higgins, who served as Director of Corporation Finance from 2013-2017.
The full webcast is available here and requires registration.