Ropes & Gray Appoints Daniel Anderson as Head of its Hong Kong Office
Global law firm Ropes & Gray has appointed Daniel Anderson as managing partner for its Hong Kong office.
Mr Anderson, who is also the global co-head of the firm’s special situations practice, is recognised as one of the leading restructuring and special situations lawyers in Asia. He regularly advises creditor groups, debtors and office holders in restructurings, as well as investment funds and proprietary trading desks on their debt and equity investment in public and private companies, principally in distressed and special situations. Mr Anderson’s clients include some of the leading special situations investors in Asia.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray Mr Anderson was a director in the special situations group at Citadel in Hong Kong from 2007 to 2011, where he was involved in making, restructuring and exiting investments throughout Asia and across capital structures.
Ropes & Gray’s Hong Kong office – an integral part of the firm’s global and Asia offering - is acknowledged as a market leader for private equity, corporate/M&A, banking and finance, restructuring, special situations, disputes/anti-corruption, capital markets, real estate, and investment funds.
Arthur Mok, Ropes & Gray regional managing partner of Asia, said:
“Ropes & Gray enjoys an outstanding reputation in Hong Kong for working on high profile, complex, cross-border deals and Dan’s depth of knowledge and insight makes him ideally placed to lead our efforts in further developing and consolidating this. His appointment is good news for the firm and our clients across the region.”
Significant deals that the firm’s Hong Kong team has advised on in 2017 include:
- Advising Bain Capital on its €2.27 billion sale of Carver Korea to Unilever
- Advising Baring Private Equity Asia on its US$1.8 billion sale of Weetabix to Post Holdings
- Advising China Oceanwide Holdings Group’s acquisition of International Data Group, Inc.
- Advising CMC Capital Partners on its partnership with Creative Artists Agency
- Advising a steering committee of noteholders of Mongolian Mining Corporation on its restructuring of notes and other liabilities
- Advising NewQuest Capital Partners on its acquisition of Integreon, Inc.