The Week at Ropes & Gray: A Number of Transactions to Close Out 2017; Tax Reform Analysis; Compliance and Value-Based Health Care; Recapping Firm Achievements in 2017
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- The firm handled a number of transactions announced at the end of 2017:
- Audax Private Equity acquired Liquid Environmental Solutions, a leading provider of non-hazardous liquid waste management and disposal services, from private owners. Separately, Audax announced a partnership with management to recapitalize Belmont Instrument Corporation, a leading provider of fluid warming infusion systems sold into acute care, military and EMS settings. Ropes & Gray advised Audax on both matters.
- Altamont Capital Partners and its portfolio company HUF Worldwide, LLC, a leading skate and streetwear apparel and footwear business based in Los Angeles, sold a 90% equity interest in HUF to TSI Holdings of Japan. Ropes & Gray advised Altamont Capital Partners and HUF in the transaction.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, acquired Sevion Therapeutics, Inc. The combined company will be known as Eloxx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and will focus on advancing the clinical development of a therapy for genetic diseases. Ropes & Gray counseled Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Ltd. in the transaction.
- New Mountain Capital announced a majority investment to facilitate the merger of IMA Consulting and Revint Solutions. The combined business will offer a suite of revenue integrity and recovery solutions and other management services for healthcare providers. Ropes & Gray represented New Mountain Capital in the investment.
- Congress has passed the most significant tax reform legislation in three decades, and on Dec. 22, 2017, President Trump signed the bill into law. An alert by Ropes & Gray provides analysis of key provisions of the act. For more coverage of tax reform and other regulatory changes, visit the firm’s Capital Insights page.
- As the health care industry continues to see a transition to value-based health care, Ropes & Gray examines trends, developments and issues to provide guidance on this rapidly evolving topic. In a new video, health care partner Brett Friedman discusses the impact on compliance organizations as payment models evolve from traditional fee-for-service to value-based arrangements.
- This video recaps some of the firm’s achievements in 2017, including accolades for the high quality, innovative services we provided to clients; our groundbreaking global pro bono work; and our deep commitment to diversity.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.