The Week at Ropes & Gray: Three Major Transactions; Developments in Private Equity and Investment Management; Addressing Patent Litigation and Data Security Issues at the Sedona Conference; Partner Recognized for Work in Latin America; Prestigious Rankings for Our Global Practices
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Our clients announced three transactions of note:
- Avista Capital Partners has agreed to sell Zest Dental Solutions, a provider of dental solutions, to BC Partners. Ropes & Gray represented Avista Capital Partners.
- Orion Resource Partners, one of the world's largest alternative finance providers to the metals and mining sector, announced its final close of Orion Mine Finance Fund II with over $2.1 billion of capital commitments. Ropes & Gray acted as fund counsel for Orion Resource Partners.
- Global venture capital firm B Capital Group announced the final close of its maiden fund B Capital Fund, L.P. at $360 million, substantially exceeding its original target. Ropes & Gray advised B Capital Group.
- With a great deal of capital in the market, there are many challenges and opportunities for the private equity industry. In this video, Neill Jakobe, a private equity partner and managing partner of the firm’s Chicago office, discusses some of the key trends impacting private equity investments, including increased competition, unique deal structures and regulatory and legislative issues.
- New regulations related to the Liquidity Rule and cryptocurrency, among other topics, continue to impact the investment management sector. Our latest Investment Management Update provides a summary of recent legal developments affecting the industry.
- Intellectual property litigation partner Andrew Thomases has co-authored a Sedona Conference Working Group chapter titled “Commentary on Patent Litigation Best Practices: International Trade Commission Section 337 Investigations.”
- Latinvex, a leading news and analysis source for Latin America business and law, recently named private investment funds partner Matt Posthuma one of the top 100 international lawyers in Latin America for 2018. Mr. Posthuma has established himself as a leading advisor for fund and other investments in Brazil, Mexico and other parts of Latin America.
- The recently released 2018 edition of Chambers Global acknowledged Ropes & Gray as a leading international law firm with five global-wide rankings for corporate investigations/anti-corruption, corporate/M&A, private equity fund formation, life sciences and private equity. Additionally, the publication named the firm in 35 regional categories across China, India, Japan, South Korea, Latin America, the United Kingdom, the United States and Asia, and recognized the firm’s lawyers with 42 individual rankings.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.