The Week at Ropes & Gray: A Strategic Investment for Harbin Pharmaceutical; New Finance Partner in Asia; Cybersecurity in the Investment Management Industry; Will Value-based Care Save the Health Care System?
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- China-based pharmaceutical company Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Holding Co., Ltd announced a strategic investment of approximately $300 million in U.S. nutritional supplements retailer, GNC Holdings, Inc. In addition, GNC and Harbin Pharmaceutical have agreed to form a joint venture for the manufacturing, marketing, sale and distribution of GNC-branded products in China. Ropes & Gray is advising Harbin Pharmaceutical on the transaction.
- Ropes & Gray welcomes Jackie Kahng as a finance partner in the firm’s Hong Kong office. Ms. Kahng advises private equity funds and their portfolio companies, as well as other corporate borrowers and issuers, on financings across a range of jurisdictions, including China, Hong Kong, Australia, India, Singapore and South Korea. The firm has recently added five leading attorneys to our global offices in key practices, including finance, intellectual property and anti-corruption/international risk.
- Cybersecurity and data privacy are topics of critical importance to the investment management industry. In this video, Ropes & Gray partner Paulita Pike addresses privacy and cybersecurity challenges facing the sector, offering considerations for issues such as the evolving regulatory environment and data security for funds.
- Value-based payment structures are widely touted as critical to controlling runaway health care costs, but they are often difficult for health care companies to incorporate into their existing infrastructures. Join Ropes & Gray and Harvard Law School’s Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics on Friday, March 2 for a full-day conference to evaluate the impact of value-based health care on the American health care system.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.