The Week at Ropes & Gray: Transactions in Tech, Health Care and Life Sciences; A Victory for Supervalu in Cyberattack Litigation; Developments in Blockchain Regulation; The Impact of Value-based Care; Highlighting the Firm’s Commitment to Gender Diversity
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Our clients announced several transactions this week:
- Global alternative investment firm Summit Partners announced the sale of ABILITY Network, a leading cloud-based software-as-a-service technology company, to Inovalon for approximately $1.2 billion. Ropes & Gray advised Summit Partners in the transaction.
- Heartland Dental, the largest dental support organization in the United States, entered into an agreement through which KKR will acquire a majority interest in the company from Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and other shareholders. Ropes & Gray represented Heartland Dental.
- Prevail Therapeutics, a biotechnology company developing gene therapies for patients with Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases, announced a $75 million Series A financing. Ropes & Gray represented Prevail Therapeutics in the financing.
- A Ropes & Gray litigation team achieved a complete dismissal of all plaintiffs in all of the consolidated class actions against Supervalu.
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has issued numerous public statements in the past year suggesting that an industry sweep was coming in regards to Initial Coin Offerings, an innovative financing tool through which companies can fund projects by utilizing the distributed ledger technology, or blockchain, that underpins cryptocurrencies. In this alert, our attorneys examine recent pushes to regulate the ICO market, indicating that the SEC’s scrutiny in this area will continue.
- In a CBS Radio News interview and podcast, Tim McCrystal, co-chair of our health care practice, discussed the impact of value-based care on the health care industry, including the benefits to patients, regulatory issues, and the importance of data.
- Ropes & Gray has published the latest issue of Women’s Forum News, a newsletter that celebrates a banner year for gender diversity at the firm and provides a roundup of stories about our commitment.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.