The Week at Ropes & Gray: Blackstone Acquires Stake in Kohlberg; Accelerating our Momentum in Chicago; Technology Disruption; CSR Compliance; Spotlight on Korea
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Blackstone's Strategic Capital Holdings Fund has acquired a passive, minority equity interest in middle market private equity firm Kohlberg & Company, L.P. Ropes & Gray advised Kohlberg in the strategic investment.
- In a Chicago Lawyer article titled “Growth stories: Lessons from four growing firms,” Chicago office managing partner Neill Jakobe discusses client demand, lateral hiring, internal promotions and his career at the firm.
- Also in Chicago, Ropes & Gray co-hosted the Chicago Committee’s 2018 Associate Law Firm Boot Camp, an annual event that offers diverse junior associates advice on succeeding in law.
- In a four-part series published by Law360 on corporate social responsibility compliance, a cross-practice group of Ropes & Gray attorneys examine CSR compliance topics of critical importance for in-house counsel, investors and private and public companies.
- In its latest effort to battle corruption and increase transparency, South Korea implemented the Sunshine Act. This alert written by Ropes & Gray attorneys evaluates the current regulatory landscape in Korea and offers recommendations for companies seeking to navigate through an increasingly difficult anti-corruption regime in the country.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.