The Week at Ropes & Gray: Three Notable Deals; Podcast on Medical Product Manufacturer Communications; China Life Sciences Summit; Video on Top Mistakes Related to Cybersecurity Incidents; Recognition for IP Litigation Partners
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Some of the notable deals announced this week by our clients include:
- Kohlberg & Company, L.L.C. acquired Cadence, Inc., a provider of advanced products, technologies and services for medical and industrial applications. Ropes & Gray advised Kohlberg & Company in the transaction.
- Partners Group and Charlesbank Capital Partners will acquire Hearthside Food Solutions, the largest independent bakery in the United States, from Goldman Sachs and Vestar Capital Partners. Ropes & Gray advised Partners Group and Charlesbank Capital Partners in the acquisition.
- Ares has sold its portfolio company Cordium, a leading provider of governance, risk and compliance services, to ACA Compliance Group, a leading U.S. provider of risk management and technology solutions that focuses on regulatory compliance, performance, financial crime, and cybersecurity. Ropes & Gray advised Ares on the sale.
- The rules regarding truthful, non-misleading communications by medical product manufacturers have long been unclear. In this Ropes & Gray podcast, life sciences partner Kellie Combs and enforcement & litigation partners Joan McPhee and Doug Hallward-Driemeier discuss the most recent developments in this area, including those related to the Food and Drug Administration policy development and the U.S. Department of Justice enforcement priorities.
- Coming up next week, please join our China Life Sciences Summit for an overview of regional market conditions and current life sciences trends. The presentation will be followed by a panel discussion, in which industry experts will join us to discuss their insights on best practices, major risks and regulatory issues facing China’s life sciences industry. The group has also launched an online hub for articles, webinars and other valuable resources dedicated to life science developments in China.
- A video from our Privacy & Cybersecurity Summit captures a presentation by Ropes & Gray and Mandiant on avoiding the top 10 most common mistakes in cybersecurity incident preparedness and response.
- Silicon Valley intellectual property litigation partners Andrew Thomases, James Batchelder and Gabrielle Higgins were profiled in the Daily Journal as California’s “Top Intellectual Property Lawyers 2018,” which recognizes lawyers whose achievements for clients have advanced technological innovation and transformed IP law.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.