The Week at Ropes & Gray: A Strategic Investment for Cove Hill Partners; Iran Sanctions Snapback; Risk Management Podcast; European Finance Team Expands
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Cove Hill Partners, a long-term oriented private equity firm focused on backing management teams of market-leading companies, announced its strategic investment in Gamma Technologies, LLC, a leading provider of engineering simulation software. Ropes & Gray advised Cove Hill Partners in the transaction.
- On Tuesday, President Trump announced that the U.S. will withdraw from the Iran Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA). Ropes & Gray’s sanctions team examines the practical implications of the decision for international business and investors in this alert. Additionally, in advance of the announcement, Ama Adams was quoted in an article published by The Associated Press that examined potential impacts of the expected exit from the nuclear deal.
- Our new risk management podcast, featuring litigation & enforcement partners Mimi Yang and Ryan Rohlfsen, examines the U.S. Department of Justice's revised Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Enforcement Policy, which provides significant incentives for disclosing potential violations, as well as the DOJ's standards for an effective compliance and ethics program.
- Ropes & Gray expands its offerings for European finance clients with the addition of Carol Van der Vorst, a leading leveraged finance professional from Goldman Sachs, as a partner in the firm’s London office. Ms. Van der Vorst is widely recognized for her experience structuring and negotiating complex debt financing transactions.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.