The Week at Ropes & Gray: A Cross-Border Financing and Other Noteworthy Transactions; IP Life Sciences Partner Joins in New York; Supreme Court on State Sales Taxes; Chicago Office Volunteers for Cradles to Crayons
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Our clients announced a number of noteworthy transactions this week, including a complex cross-border financing:
- Altice Europe, a Dutch-headquartered telecoms and media company, has refinanced Euro-equivalent 4.2 billion of debt within its Altice France credit pool with a two-stage financing. A cross-border team of Ropes & Gray attorneys advised Altice Europe on the financing.
- Housing Works, one of America’s largest HIV/AIDS service organizations, announced plans to merge with New York City-based Bailey House, which operates supportive housing for people with HIV/AIDS and other chronic and behavioral health conditions. Ropes & Gray represents both service organizations in the strategic transaction designed to further their missions
- H.I.G. Capital, a leading global private equity investment firm, announced the sale of its portfolio company AMPAC Fine Chemicals, a leading global supplier of pharmaceuticals, to SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Ropes & Gray represents H.I.G. Capital in the transaction.
- Genstar Capital, a leading U.S. middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in a variety of industry segments, announced plans to acquire CRF Health, a leading global provider of electronic clinical assessment solutions for the life sciences industry. Ropes & Gray is advising Genstar Capital on the acquisition.
- Ropes & Gray Chicago-based attorneys and support team members, as well as some of their families, volunteered at the Cradles to Crayons Giving Factory to help sort donations and assemble approximately 215 care packages for children.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.