The Week at Ropes & Gray: No. 1 on AmLaw’s A-List; Significant Transactions; PTAB and the Biopharmaceutical Industry; A New Approach to Risk Management
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Ropes & Gray ranked number one on The American Lawyer’s “A-List,” which ranks the most well-rounded, elite firms by evaluating five key areas: firm performance, pro bono, diversity, associate satisfaction and gender equity. This is the eighth consecutive year that the firm has been named to this key legal industry benchmark. Notably, this year, the firm’s percentage of female equity partners is also the highest of all firms on the list.
- Our clients have seen an uptick in business activity across sectors:
- New Mountain Capital, a New York-based investment firm, announced its investment in Beeline, a global leader in cloud solutions for managing non-employee workforces. Ropes & Gray advised New Mountain Capital on the transaction.
- Periscope Equity announced the final closing of its inaugural fund, Periscope Equity I, L.P, with more than $104 million of committed capital on July 24. Ropes & Gray provided legal counsel to Periscope.
- Waters Corporation, a leading specialty measurement company, announced its acquisition of the exclusive rights to a new mass spectrometry technology from Prosolia, Inc. and the Purdue Research Foundation. Ropes & Gray advised Waters Corporation in the transaction.
- Cambrex Corporation, an innovative pharmaceutical manufacturer, will acquire Halo Pharma, a provider of pharmaceutical services, for approximately $425 million. Ropes & Gray represented Cambrex Corporation in the transaction.
- Natixis Investment Managers, a global asset management company, will acquire a minority stake in WCM Investment Management, a provider of equity investment management services. Ropes & Gray advised Natixis Investment Managers in the transaction.
- In the last three years, there has been an increase in the use of inter partes review proceedings by the generic side of the biopharmaceuticals industry. In this podcast, intellectual property partners Scott McKeown and Filko Prugo discuss their insights and experience in these matters, as well as how recent changes at the PTAB may affect the life sciences sector.
- In this video, Amanda Raad, co-chair of Ropes & Gray’s anti-corruption & international risk practice, discusses the new data-driven behavioral sciences approach to risk management.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.