The Week at Ropes & Gray: TPG Sells Eze Software; Index Ventures’ $1.65 Billion Fundraising; Fighting Human Trafficking; IP Partners Speak on FinTech Innovation; Groundbreaking Women Attorneys and “Rising Stars”
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- TPG Capital announced the sale of Eze Software, a global provider of investment management solutions, to SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc for $1.45 billion in an all-cash transaction. Ropes & Gray advised TPG Capital on the sale.
- Index Ventures recently announced a $1.65 billion fundraise across two funds. Ropes & Gray served as lead counsel to Index.
- The Human Trafficking Legal Center and Ropes & Gray have published a new guide, titled “U.S. Legal Remedies for Minor Victims of Sex Tourism and Sex Trafficking,” that details methods to hold abusers of children accountable under the PROTECT Act. To produce the guide, a Ropes & Gray pro bono legal team, collaborating with the organization, conducted extensive research on federal criminal and civil cases brought against abusers since the law’s passage.
- Ropes & Gray intellectual property attorneys, Edward Kelly and Regina Penti, recently spoke at a summit on protecting innovations in the financial services industry. Our attorneys joined in-house counsel on panels that discussed a downward trend in patent litigation, as well as the advantages and risks to partnering with or acquiring FinTech companies.
- Four Ropes & Gray partners – Deborah Gersh (health care), Laura Hoey (litigation & enforcement), Deborah Monson (hedge funds) and Paulita Pike (investment management) – have been named to Crain’s Chicago Business 2018 “Chicago’s Notable Women Lawyers” list. The accolade recognizes groundbreaking women attorneys who have established themselves as leaders in their respective practice areas and are serving as mentors to other women lawyers.
- Law360 has named two Ropes & Gray attorneys to its 2018 Rising Stars list, which profiles the top legal talent under 40. Private equity transactions partner Garrett Charon was recognized as a Private Equity Rising Star and intellectual property transactions partner Megan Baca was recognized as a Technology Rising Star.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.