The Week at Ropes & Gray: Two Transactions; Litigation Win for Sequoia; Tax and the ESG Agenda; Quarterly Recap of M&A News; Ropes & Gray Team Completes Pan-Mass Challenge
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Our clients announced and closed a number of significant transactions this week including:
- Silver Lake, a technology-focused private equity firm, announced a strategic growth investment in GoodRx, a leading source for prescription and healthcare savings. Ropes & Gray is representing Silver Lake in the transaction.
- Planet Fitness, Inc., one of the largest franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the U.S., has completed a financing transaction involving the issuance of $1.275 billion in securitized notes. Ropes & Gray represented Planet Fitness in the financing.
- A Ropes & Gray litigation team secured an important victory for Sequoia Fund, Inc., a mutual fund, and three independent members of the fund’s board of directors when the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, affirmed the dismissal of a shareholder derivative suit filed against them.
- While tax is not immediately considered an environmental, social and governance (ESG) issue, the UN-backed Principles for Responsible Investment address sustainability issues in connection to corporate tax strategies. In this video, Ropes & Gray tax partner Andrew Howard examines how tax planning is becoming part of an ESG agenda.
- The Ropes Recap, a comprehensive report on M&A news, trends and legal developments, includes contributions from more than 30 members of our global team. Read the latest edition, which summarizes M&A developments from the second quarter of 2018.
- Over this past weekend, a Ropes & Gray Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC) team biked 192 miles across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and through difficult weather to raise money for life-saving cancer research and treatment at Boston’s Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Collectively, the team raised more than $181,000 this year. Including past years, more than $2 million has been raised by Ropes & Gray teams.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.