The Week at Ropes & Gray: Experienced M&A Partner Joins in California; Latest Credit Funds Podcast; Pro Bono Partnership to Assist Women; Running to Support Cancer Research; Summit for Women in PE and Credit
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Accomplished mergers and acquisitions attorney Matthew Jacobson has joined Ropes & Gray as a partner in the firm’s San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices. Mr. Jacobson brings diverse experience handling big deals for innovative technology and life sciences companies, private equity firms, and other businesses across an array of industries.
- The latest installment in our credit funds podcast series explores the differences between the various types of credit funds, and those between private equity and credit funds. In the podcast, Ropes & Gray asset management partner Michael Doherty and counsel Jason Kolman cover key distinctions, such as return profiles, recycling provisions, carried interest, management fees, conflicts, tax and leverage.
- For the third consecutive year, Ropes & Gray sponsored the Kayo Women’s Private Markets Summit, a conference that unites women in private equity, private credit and venture capital investing for networking and panel discussions. Ropes & Gray partners from a variety of practices participated in keynote panels and breakout sessions on topics that included health care, trends in secondaries, opportunities in credit and tax reform.
- Each year, nearly half of the country’s six million pregnancies are unplanned, contributing to a cycle of intergenerational poverty for millions of women. Ropes & Gray has partnered with pro bono client Upstream USA, a non-profit working to expand economic opportunity and mobility for women by reducing unplanned pregnancies in the United States. On Oct. 9, Ropes & Gray hosted a conversation in the firm’s Boston office between securities & governance practice chair Keith Higgins and Mark Edwards, co-founder and co-CEO of Upstream, to discuss the organization’s strategic vision and Ropes & Gray’s contributions.
- A Ropes & Gray team of 34 attorneys and support team members participated in the 2018 Boston Athletic Association Half Marathon, a 13.1-mile charity race through the Emerald Necklace park system, presented by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund to support groundbreaking cancer research. This Ropes & Gray team, which raised more than $35,000, was one of the top three fundraising teams.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.