The Week at Ropes & Gray: Hearthside Food to Acquire Greencore USA; Investment Management Update; How to Commercialize a Medical Device Invention; Uber’s Data Breach Settlement; Ranked Among New York’s Largest Law Firms
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Hearthside Food Solutions has agreed to acquire Greencore USA, a leading frozen foods contract packager and producer. Ropes & Gray represented Hearthside Food Solutions and its majority owners, Charlesbank Capital Partners and Partners Group, in the transaction.
- In the latest investment management update, our attorneys summarize recent legal developments affecting the industry, such as the SEC’s no-action letter detailing that chief compliance officer representation may replace routine quarterly board determinations, as well as settlements in various SEC enforcement proceedings.
- Integrating several areas of the firm’s expertise, a team of Ropes & Gray lawyers authored a Practice Resource on commercializing a medical device invention in the October issue of the American Health Lawyers Association’s Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law. The guide addresses the key steps a lawyer representing a physician inventor should take to commercialize a medical device, including protecting and managing IP and obtaining FDA approval or clearance, among others.
- Global ride-sharing company Uber Technologies, Inc. reached a settlement with the attorneys general for all 50 states regarding allegations that Uber had violated state data breach notification statutes and consumer protection laws. This recent alert, authored by our cybersecurity attorneys, evaluates the settlement, which is the largest state attorneys general settlement reached in the aftermath of a data breach and the first to include every state in the nation.
- Ropes & Gray was included in Crain’s New York Business’s 2018 “Largest Law Firms” list, which ranks the region’s largest law firms by number of New York-area lawyers in 2018. Since opening an office in New York City three decades ago, the firm has increased its footprint by focusing on serving clients in core industry sectors, including asset management, banking, health care, TMT and life sciences. Some of New York’s top legal talent has joined the firm’s powerhouse team recently, including capital markets partner Paul Tropp.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.