The Week at Ropes & Gray: Life Sciences Partner Rejoins from Johnson & Johnson; Video Examines Trends in the Enforcement of Electronic Health Records; Announcing the 2019 Roscoe Trimmier Jr. Diversity Scholarship Recipients; Honoring Military Veterans through Ropes & Gray’s Pro Bono Work; Recognition from LatinVex for our Capabilities in Latin America
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Eric Wu rejoined Ropes & Gray as a partner in the firm’s industry-leading life sciences practice. Mr. Wu returns to Ropes & Gray from Johnson & Johnson, where he served as Asia Pacific M&A Regional Counsel and head of legal for the company’s Asia Pacific Innovation Center. He will be permanently based in the Shanghai office upon completion of his registration in the market, and will expand our life sciences service offerings throughout the Asia Pacific region.
- In this new video, Joshua Levy, co-chair of Ropes & Gray’s litigation & enforcement practice, addresses how False Claims Act investigations, which companies increasingly face, are related to the handling of electronic health records.
- Ropes & Gray announced the 2019 recipients of the Roscoe Trimmier Jr. Diversity Scholarship, which honors the memory of Roscoe Trimmier Jr., an accomplished trial lawyer, the firm’s first African American partner, and a pioneering leader of Ropes & Gray’s diversity and inclusion efforts. The scholarship recipients will each receive a $25,000 award to offset the expenses of their legal education and will join Ropes & Gray as summer associates in 2019.
- On Veterans Day, the United States remembers our more than 18 million military veterans. Ropes & Gray proudly honors U.S. military veterans through its commitment to pro bono legal services, regularly assisting in service-related matters and partnering with veterans organizations. Learn more about Ropes & Gray pro bono work for veterans.
- Our Latin America practice continues to receive global recognition for its work handling anti-corruption and corporate matters, among numerous other issues, for our clients. Most recently, Latinvex ranked Ropes & Gray as one of the top international law firms serving Latin America for 2019. Earlier this year, Latinvex individually recognized litigation & enforcement partner Colleen Conry, private investment funds partner Matt Posthuma and litigation & enforcement partner Nick Berg.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.