The Week at Ropes & Gray: New Year, New Transactions; 2019 Industry Outlooks and 2018 in Review; Impact of the Government Shutdown; Celebrating Our 2018 Achievements
We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. Below are weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- The new year is off to a busy start, with clients making a variety of announcements:
- The Carlyle Group announced that its latest real estate secondaries program has raised $1.2 billion. Ropes & Gray advised Carlyle on the fund raise.
- Bain Capital Double Impact, the impact investing business of Bain Capital, announced its acquisition of HealthDrive, a Massachusetts-based specialty provider of medical services, from Riverside Partners. Ropes & Gray represented Bain Capital Double Impact in the transaction.
- Advent International announced its agreement to acquire a majority ownership interest in Aimbridge Hospitality, a North American third-party hotel operator, from Lee Equity Partners and General Atlantic. Ropes & Gray represented Advent International in the transaction.
- TPG Capital-backed Beaver-Visitec International, a leading developer, manufacturer and marketer of specialized surgical devices, announced its acquisition of PhysIOL. Ropes & Gray advised TPG Capital on the transaction.
- Freeman Spogli announced its recapitalization of CRH Healthcare, a leading urgent care platform in the Southeast. Ropes & Gray advised Freeman Spogli on the transaction.
- Our attorneys have been quoted in a number of 2019 outlook articles published by leading trade publications that offer insights and predictions for changes in regulatory developments, upticks in transactional activity and more.
- In Buyouts, co-head of Ropes & Gray’s private investment fund practice John Ayer provided insights on the market for new private equity funds.
- In Law360, health care partner Tom Bulleit was quoted on health care policy developments.
- In Law360, IP litigation partner and chair of Ropes & Gray’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board practice Scott McKeown examined the PTAB.
- An upcoming webinar on January 23 will focus on various legal and regulatory developments that took place across the hedge funds industry in 2018.
- As the government shutdown persists, our attorneys continue to comment on how it will affect various industries:
- In The Deal, chair of Ropes & Gray’s securities & governance practice Keith Higgins examined how the government shutdown will affect IPOs, mergers and activist campaigns.
- In Bloomberg Law, investment management counsel David Tittsworth discussed the shutdown’s effect on IPOs and the policing of the securities industry.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.