The Week at Ropes & Gray: Acquisitions for Bain Capital and BV Investment Partners; Patentable Subject Matter in 2019; Examining Privileges in the Tax Context; Digital Identity Conference; Recognition in Latin America
Below are weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Two notable acquisitions were announced by our clients:
- Bain Capital Private Equity announced its acquisition of U.S. Renal Care, Inc., a provider of dialysis services, by a private investor group. Ropes & Gray advised Bain Capital on the transaction.
- BV Investment Partners announced its acquisition of Intelliteach, a global provider of tech-enabled business process outsourcing solutions for law and accounting firms, from Dominus Capital, L.P. Ropes & Gray advised BV Investment Partners on the transaction.
- In this new Ropes & Gray podcast, Washington, D.C.-based IP litigators Scott McKeown and Matt Rizzolo address recent developments in patentable subject matter, and how Federal Circuit cases such as Berkheimer v. HP and Aatrix v. Green Shades are having an effect on patent litigation.
- In tax law, attorney-client privilege protections, among other considerations, are nuanced and often require in-depth analysis by an attorney. In this alert, which was also published by Law360, Ropes & Gray tax attorneys examine applicable privileges in the tax context, two key exceptions and the practical implications of these exceptions.
- Leading businesses are continually seeking new opportunities and identifying risks in connection to digital identities. To bring professionals together around this important topic, Ropes & Gray and Boston Financial Services Leadership Council recently hosted an event featuring leading government, legal, business and academic professionals, including a keynote by Franklin Garrigues, VP of Digital Channel at TD Bank Toronto.
- Three Ropes & Gray partners—Matt Posthuma, Colleen Conry and Nick Berg—have been named to Latinvex’s list of Latin America’s Top 100 Lawyers of 2019. Earlier this year, Ropes & Gray was named to Latinvex’s Top Law Firms 2019 list. Both accolades build upon recent recognition for the firm’s presence in Latin America, including top rankings in The Legal 500 Latin America and Chambers Latin America.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.