The Week at Ropes & Gray: Epiris Acquires Diamorph; Boeing 737 Max 8 Faces Legal Challenges; Second Installment in Private Fund Regulatory Podcast Series; Author Speaks on Women and the Fight for Suffrage; Seoul Office Volunteers with Vocational Trainees
Below are weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- U.K. private equity firm Epiris announced Epiris Fund II’s fifth investment—the acquisition of Diamorph, a supplier of advanced material solutions for demanding, safety-critical applications. Ropes & Gray advised Epiris on the transaction.
- Boeing has dominated the headlines following two deadly crashes involving its 737 Max 8. In Bloomberg News, litigation & enforcement partner Ryan Rohlfsen discussed a new U.S. probe into the certification process of Boeing 737 Max 8 planes, and also whether prosecutors could bring charges against the company.
- In the second installment in our podcast series on financial regulatory developments of interest to private fund managers, asset management partner Joel Wattenbarger and counsel David Tittsworth discuss the aftermath of the partial government shutdown and other legislative updates from Capitol Hill, as well as recent developments at the SEC, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the Financial Stability Oversight Council.
- In honor of Women’s History Month, Ropes & Gray’s Women’s Forum hosted author and former Boston Globe journalist Tina Cassidy for a discussion on how women won the right to vote in the United States, as detailed in her new book, Mr. President, How Long Must We Wait? Ms. Cassidy discussed the life of Alice Paul, an American suffragist, feminist, and one of the main leaders and strategists of the campaign for the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. View a recording of the presentation here.
- Members of Ropes & Gray’s Seoul office recently volunteered at a vocational training center operated by the Korea Association of Persons with Physical Disabilities, and helped the residents package and wrap travel kits. This was the firm’s fourth visit to the center.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.