The Week at Ropes & Gray: BV Investment Partners Invests in Franco Signor; M&A Activity in Q1; Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2019; Firm Named a China Employer of Choice; Nathan Briggs Named a Rising Star of Mutual Funds; Associates Reflect on Women of Color Leadership Conference
Below are weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- BV Investment Partners announced its investment in Franco Signor LLC, a provider of Medicare compliance solutions. Ropes & Gray represented BV Investment Partners in the transaction.
- Mergers & acquisitions partner Carl Marcellino discussed global mergers and acquisitions activity in Law360. Carl called 2018 "a gangbusters year, " with M&A actively up across all sectors. This year, however, has seen fewer deals completed. “We’re excited about the pipeline we have, but appreciate that there are factors in the marketplace that may make us, particularly toward the end of the year, more cautious,” he said.
- The 2019 edition of Chambers USA ranked Ropes & Gray as a leading firm in 52 practice areas, including two new rankings for our capital markets practice. In addition, 129 firm lawyers received individual rankings.
- Ropes & Gray was named one of the top 15 law firms by Asian Legal Business in its 2019 China Employer of Choice survey. The annual survey questions law firm employees in China on career prospects within their firm, mentorship opportunities and work-life balance.
- Asset management partner Nathan Briggs has been named a 2019 Rising Star of Mutual Funds by Fund Action and Fund Directions. He was profiled in the publication on his recent accomplishments, including his work to help launch the PIMCO closed-end funds during the government shutdown.
- Two Ropes & Gray associates recently attended the Women of Color Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C., with support from the firm’s Women’s Forum and the Joan D. Fuller Professional Development Grant for women attorneys. The conference brought more than 250 women attorneys of color together to attend a variety of panels and programs. In this Q&A, the attorneys discuss the key benefits of the conference, including the opportunities for learning and networking.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.