The Week at Ropes & Gray: Ironwood Pharmaceuticals Completes Tax-Free Spin-Off; Altice France Financing; Litigation Team Prevails for TriNet; Anti-Corruption Attorneys Examine the Latest Corruption Perception Index; Latest Women’s Forum Events
Below are weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- A Ropes & Gray litigation team secured a favorable decision from the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of client TriNet when the court affirmed the dismissal of all claims against the defendants in a securities class-action lawsuit.
- Our clients announced a tax-free spin-off transaction and a substantial financing in Europe:
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, a health care company focused on gastrointestinal diseases, has completed a tax-free spin-off of Cyclerion Therapeutics. Ropes & Gray represented Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in connection with the spin-off and Cyclerion’s private placement of equity.
- Altice France, a telecoms and media operator in France and a subsidiary of Altice Europe, has obtained financing to deploy fiber-to-the-home infrastructure by SFR FTTH. Ropes & Gray advised Altice France on the financing.
- Transparency International has released its 24th annual Corruption Perception Index, which ranks 180 countries and territories by their perceived levels of public sector corruption according to experts and business people. In this new article, Ropes & Gray anti-corruption attorneys provide insights, including critiques and takeaways, about the report.
- Continuing an extensive program of events for Women’s History Month, Ropes & Gray’s Women’s Forum hosted a conversation with Erin Abrams, the general counsel of Via Transportation, a rapidly growing technology startup in the on-demand shared ride space; hosted a networking event in Chicago for women thought leaders in the Midwest business, legal and nonprofit communities; and participated in a night of peer mentoring, connection and networking at Luminary, a collaboration hub for women and women-identified business professionals.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.