The Week at Ropes & Gray: Two Strategic Transactions; IP Partner Joins Firm’s 350-Lawyer New York Office; Changes to ETF Rulemaking; Impact of China’s Drug Administration Law; U.S. Supreme Court Ruling Affects Trademark Licensees in Restructurings; Two New Podcasts
Below are weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Cancer Treatment Services International (CTSI) and TPG Growth announced the sale of CTSI to Varian Medical Systems for $283 million. Ropes & Gray advised CTSI and TPG Growth in the transaction.
- CIVC Partners announced the formation of Specialized Elevator Services Holdings; Ropes & Gray represented CIVC in the transaction. The company was formed through the recapitalization of San Francisco Elevator, Ascent Elevator and Specialized Elevator to create one of the largest independent providers in the country.
- Our 350-lawyer New York office continues to grow with the addition of Violetta Kokolus as an IP transactions partner. Violetta brings to the firm 15 years of transactional experience, guiding countless IP transactions and M&A matters for established and emerging companies.
- Asset management counsel Ed Baer participated on a panel that examined the effect of regulatory developments on ETFs and capital markets at the ETF Global Markets Roundtable in New York.
- A potential change to China’s Drug Administration Law affects companies doing business in the region. Under the proposed revision, China will enforce drug manufacturing violations with large fines, while a dedicated law proposes additional scrutiny over imported vaccines. Life sciences partner Katherine Wang was quoted in a Pink Sheet article published on May 20 about this development.
- The firm released one new podcast this week:
- Asset management partners Isabel Dische and Melissa Bender discuss the recent impact investing standards published by the International Finance Corporation, an arm of the World Bank. The discussion provides a high-level overview of the IFC impact investing framework and related considerations for asset owners and managers.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.