The Week at Ropes & Gray: Two Notable Deals; Ed McNicholas Joins as Partner and Co-Chair of Data Practice Group; Out Leadership and New LGBT+ Self-ID Report;Compliance with SEC’s Pay-to-Play Role for Political Contributions; Partner Named a Health Care Trailblazer by NLJ; Firm Receives Food Bank for NYC’s Corporate Service Award
Below are weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Audax Private Equity announced the sale of Imperial Dade, a distributor of disposable food service and janitorial supplies, to Bain Capital Private Equity. Ropes & Gray represents Audax Private Equity in the transaction.
- Silverfleet Capital announced its investment in CARE Fertility Holdings Limited, a group of fertility clinics in the U.K. Ropes & Gray is advising Silverfleet Capital on the investment.
- Ed McNicholas has joined the firm as partner in our Washington, D.C. office and co-chair of the firm’s multifaceted data practice group. A recognized leader in privacy and cybersecurity law, Mr. McNicholas brings decades of experience advising on global litigation and regulatory compliance.
- Ropes & Gray and Out Leadership have launched a first-of-its-kind report on LGBT+ self-identification, a practice that enables companies to invite LGBT+ employees to volunteer sexual orientation and gender identity data. The report distills research conducted by Ropes & Gray and Out Leadership—an organization focused on advancing LGBT+ equality—about the benefits, best practices and challenges of implementing LGBT+ self-ID. The firm introduced the report during Out Leadership’s 2019 U.S. Senior Leader Summit, held on May 2, which Ropes & Gray co-hosted and sponsored for the second consecutive year.
- As new candidates continue to join the 2020 Democratic primary, news reports suggest that candidates have been more aggressive than ever in soliciting online donations from individuals. In this alert, Ropes & Gray attorneys address concerns related to the SEC’s Pay-to-Play rule, and ways to establish and enforce a political contributions compliance program.
- Health care partner and practice co-chair Deborah Gersh has been named to the National Law Journal's inaugural “Health Care Trailblazers” list, which recognizes "agents of change" who have made an impact in the industry through new strategies or innovations.
- Ropes & Gray has been honored with this year’s Corporate Service Award from Food Bank for New York City. The accolade recognizes the firm’s fight against hunger through an annual fundraiser, as well as pro bono income tax assistance to Food Bank clients and volunteering at Food Bank’s Bronx warehouse and Harlem food pantry.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.