The Week at Ropes & Gray: $2.7 Billion Deal Heads Slate of Notable Transactions; Federal Circuit Makes First Ruling on Constitutionality of Pre-AIA Patents; Recognition for Women Attorneys; Firm Ranked Among New York’s 25 Largest by National Law Journal
Below are weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Our clients announced multiple transactions:
- Bain Capital Private Equity announced its $2.7 billion sale of a majority equity stake in Waystar to the EQT VIII Fund and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board. Ropes & Gray advised Bain Capital on the sale.
- Private equity firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe and Walgreens agreed to make equity investments in Shields Health Solutions, a leader in hospital-owned specialty pharmacy care. Ropes & Gray represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in the investment.
- McNally Capital announced its investment in Altamira Technologies, a provider of analytics and engineering solutions to the U.S. national security community. Ropes & Gray represented McNally Capital in the investment.
- GHO Capital Partners, a London-based health care investor, announced the sale of laboratory services company Caprion Biosciences to private equity firm Arsenal Capital Partners. Ropes & Gray advised GHO Capital Partners on the sale.
- In Celgene Corp. v. Peter, the Federal Circuit ruled on the constitutionality of patents issued before the America Invents Act. IP litigation partner Matt Rizzolo analyzed the decision in The National Law Journal, Law360 and Life Sciences Intellectual Property Review.
- Two of our leading women lawyers were recognized for excellence in their respective fields:
- Brenda Diana, a partner in Ropes & Gray’s private client group, was honored by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly as one of the state’s “Top Women of Law” for 2019. The award recognizes Ms. Diana for her work as a trusted advisor to her clients and for her community service and pro bono efforts.
- Asset management partner and co-head of Ropes & Gray’s private funds practice Leigh Fraser was named to the IFLR1000 Women Leaders list for 2019. The award recognizes Ms. Fraser’s work related to hedge funds and derivatives.
- The 2019 NLJ 500, The National Law Journal’s annual survey of the 500 largest law firms in the United States, ranked Ropes & Gray among the top 25 law firms in New York by number of total lawyers. The results were reported in the August 2019 issue of The American Lawyer.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.