The Week at Ropes & Gray
❖ Ropes & Gray Advises Silverfleet Capital on European Acquisition
❖ Introducing: The Ropes & Gray Justice Fellowship
❖ Firm Hosts Program, Releases New Report, on Fintech M&A
❖ Ropes & Gray Lawyers Examine Private Equity Deal-Making Developments in Wall Street Journal
❖ Asia Recognition: Firm Highly Ranked for M&A, Hong Kong Partner Named a Rising Star
❖ Firm Supports Chicago Volunteer Legal Services’ 2019 Race Judicata 5K
This week, Ropes & Gray attorneys advised a private equity client on a key acquisition and contributed commentary on regulatory trends affecting the private equity industry. The firm also launched a fellowship to support advocacy in racial justice and immigrant rights, hosted a fintech industry conference and participated in a charity race to support pro bono legal services. In Asia, the firm earned recognition for mergers & acquisitions, and an asset management partner was named a Law360 Rising Star. Here’s a summary of the week’s highlights:
- Private equity firm Silverfleet Capital acquired a majority stake in BOA CoreDux, a leading European hose and subsystem designer and manufacturer. Ropes & Gray advised Silverfleet Capital on the acquisition.
- Ropes & Gray announced the creation of the Ropes & Gray Justice Fellowship at Lawyers for Civil Rights, a legal nonprofit specializing in civil rights litigation. The fellowship will provide recent law school graduates with a paid, full-time position to pursue advocacy in racial justice and immigrant rights.
- Ropes & Gray hosted a comprehensive program on fintech, bringing together leaders in the financial services industry to discuss recent trends in payments, asset management, digital banking, cryptocurrencies and more. At the event, the firm revealed the findings of a research project, produced with Mergermarket, on fintech M&A activity.
- The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, antitrust and data privacy are three key regulatory areas affecting private equity deal-making. Another new regulation, the California Consumer Privacy Act will also have an impact on the private equity industry. Data practice lawyer Ed McNicholas discussed the implications in WSJ Pro Private Equity.
- Ropes & Gray’s strategic transactions practice was highly ranked for its mergers and acquisitions work across Asia by Asian Legal Business, ranking in Tier 1 among international firms in South Korea.
- Asset management partner Vincent Ip , a Law360 Rising Star, was recognized for his work advising investment advisors, focusing specifically on the development and representation of Asia-focused private investment funds.
- A team of attorneys and legal professionals from Ropes & Gray’s Chicago office participated in the 2019 Race Judicata 5K. The annual race benefits Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, a nonprofit organization that promotes equal access to justice by providing pro bono legal services to individuals and families in Chicago.