The Week at Ropes & Gray
❖ Ropes & Gray Advises SkyKnight Capital on Investment in AeroCare Holdings
❖ Leading Private Equity Partner Scott Abramowitz Joins Ropes & Gray in New York
❖ Asset Management and Data Privacy Attorneys Discuss CCPA Compliance Considerations for Asset Managers
❖ London Finance Partner Named Rising Star in Private Equity
❖ Hong Kong Asset Management Partner Profiled as Rising Star in Law360
❖ Ropes & Gray and FTI Host Fourth Annual Women Leaders Lunch in São Paulo
This week, Ropes & Gray attorneys guided a private equity client in a health care investment and provided insight on the impact of new privacy law on asset managers. The New York office welcomed a new private equity partner, and two firm attorneys were recognized as rising stars in their respective fields. Here’s a summary of the week’s highlights:
- Private equity firm SkyKnight Capital announced its investment in home health distribution platform AeroCare Holdings. Ropes & Gray advised SkyKnight Capital on the investment.
- Ropes & Gray’s New York office continues to grow with the addition of Scott Abramowitz as private equity partner. Scott has guided private equity investments across industries, including financial services, insurance, asset management, business services, health care, technology and education. He recently advised private equity sponsors on acquisitions in the managed care, IT staffing and investment advisory sectors.
- The California legislature passed six bills amending the California Consumer Privacy Act on the final day of the 2019 legislative session. Ropes & Gray lawyers, including asset management partner Melissa Bender and counsel Catherine Skulan, as well as data, privacy & cybersecurity partner Ed McNicholas and counsel Kevin Angle, were widely cited in media coverage discussing how the amendments will affect asset managers.
- Ropes & Gray finance partner Alex Robb was named by Legal Week as one of the United Kingdom’s rising stars in private equity. Alex was recognized for his exceptional work in domestic and international financing matters.
- Vince Ip, an asset management partner based in Ropes & Gray’s Hong Kong office, was profiled in a Law360 article as one of the “2019 Rising Stars of Fund Formation.” The feature highlights Vince’s work for prestigious global sovereign wealth funds and top asset managers.
- Ropes & Gray and FTI Consulting co-hosted their fourth annual Women Leaders Lunch in São Paulo, Brazil. The event brought together nearly 100 professional women from Brazil’s business and legal community and featured a lively panel discussion on the challenges of conducting business in Brazil.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.