The Week at Ropes & Gray
❖ Genstar Recapitalizes ConnectiveRx
❖ Marucci Sports Acquired by Compass Diversified Holdings
❖ McKesson Disposes Ownership Interest in Change Healthcare
❖ Coronavirus Teleconference and Updates
❖ Litigation Partner Profiled on Law.com
❖ Foreign Influence in Federally Funded Research
❖ Reacting To Anonymous Short-Seller Claims
This week, Ropes & Gray attorneys guided clients through transactions in the health care, biopharmaceutical and sports sectors; and provided commentary on key developments in health care and corporate litigation. The firm also continued to counsel clients on legal developments and best practices related to the coronavirus pandemic. Here’s a summary of the week’s highlights:
- Ropes & Gray advised clients on transactions in the health care, biopharmaceutical and sports industries:
- Health care technology company Change Healthcare announced the completion of McKesson Corporation's disposition of its ownership interest in Change Healthcare to McKesson stockholders in a “Reverse Morris Trust” transaction. Ropes & Gray served as special tax counsel to Change Healthcare in the transaction.
- Genstar Capital announced the recapitalization of its portfolio company ConnectiveRx, a provider of technology-enabled biopharmaceutical services. Ropes & Gray advised Genstar on the recapitalization.
- Marucci Sports, a manufacturer and distributor of baseball and softball equipment, was acquired by Compass Diversified Holdings. Ropes & Gray advised Marucci on the transaction.
- Ropes & Gray held a teleconference examining the legal aspects of the public health response to the coronavirus, how employers should manage workplace challenges posed by the outbreak and how public companies should think about disclosures. A recording of the teleconference, as well as presentation slides and a full transcript, are available on our coronavirus resource center webpage.
- Litigation & enforcement partner Adam Harris was profiled in Law.com’s “How I Made Partner” series, which features partners at AmLaw 200 firms with unique journeys to partnership. In the Q&A article, he shares his career path and his greatest professional influence, and offers career advice to associates.
- Ropes & Gray attorneys co-authored articles on key developments in health care and corporate litigation:
- U.S. government organizations have raised concerns about theft or intentional disclosure of U.S.-funded research and intellectual capital, with these concerns focused on U.S. researchers who have failed to disclose activities and affiliations with universities or other entities in China. Health care partner Mark Barnes addressed these concerns in AHLA Connections Magazine.
- Short-seller campaigns have become increasingly common across almost every sector of the economy over the past five years, causing concern for companies. Litigation & enforcement counsel Greg Demers analyzes different steps that a company should consider in response to anonymous short-seller allegations in Law360.
- For legal insights and the latest firm news, please follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.