Chambers USA Names Ropes & Gray “Health Care Law Firm of the Year”
Ropes & Gray was named “Health Care Law Firm of the Year” at the Chambers USA Awards 2021. Our world-class group of health care lawyers played a key role in pandemic response, while guiding complex client work across health care transactions, regulatory, enforcement and litigation. The firm’s accomplishments include:
- Licensing more than 2,000 medical professionals from Wisconsin to cross into Illinois to help mitigate a surge in patients during outbreaks of COVID-19;
- Helping life sciences companies and academic research labs get COVID-19 testing to market quickly;
- In New York, advising more than 300 hospitals on complex liability questions;
- Advising governors’ reopening task forces in Massachusetts and New York;
- Creating a technologically sophisticated contact tracing platform;
- Helping COVID-19 vaccine and developers raise capital, acquire vaccine manufacturing capacity and get regulatory approvals for the shots that are now being administered to Americans’ arms.
The firm also advised on multi-billion-dollar insurance mergers, complex private equity health care transactions, and regulatory, litigation and enforcement questions.
Chambers relies heavily on feedback from clients to determine practice rankings. They told Chambers that Ropes & Gray’s heath care attorneys are “smart, creative, thoughtful, knowledgeable and experienced.” “They are at the top of their field and bring a lot of fresh ideas to transactions.”
In 2021, the firm received every major health care award for its work. This includes:
- The American Lawyer’s “Corporate Legal Department of the Year, Health Care”
- The Deal’s “Health Care, Pharma & Biotech Law Firm of the Year”
- Law360’s “Health Care Practice Group of the Year” – the second year in a row
- Financial Times’ award for the best law firm in “Enabling Business Response to COVID-19”
- U.S. News–Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”, “Law Firm of the Year, Health Care”