Financial NewsNames Ropes & Gray “Law Firm of the Year” for Banking and Finance
This year, Ropes & Gray’s London office has received high rankings and recognition, including being named “U.S. Law Firm of the Year” by Legal Business. Ropes & Gray was also named a finalist for the “Private Equity Deal of the Year” and the “High-yield Deal of the Year” by IFLR at its 2013 Europe Awards.
Since opening its London office in 2009, Ropes & Gray now has more than 70 lawyers, including 19 partners and has established itself as a leader in handling high-profile transactions for clients including:
- Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG in connection with all aspects of their bid for a portfolio of 37 loan assets being auctioned by Lloyds Bank.
- Liberty Global International in the financing for Liberty’s US$23.3 billion acquisition of Virgin Media.
- Sankaty Advisors in the provision of €170 million of mezzanine debt for the acquisition, by Hellman & Friedman, of a majority stake in Wood Mackenzie.
- Highbridge, MV Credit, Partners Group, JPMorgan, and KKR in the €1.82 billion acquisition of BSN Medical by EQT.
- Altice VII S.à r.L. on a US$1.1 billion Israeli high yield debt offering in connection with the take-private and refinancing of HOT-Telecommunications Systems Ltd.
- Bitė Finance in connection with its €200 million high yield offering.