Asia Offices Achieve Strong Results in The Legal 500
Ropes & Gray is ranked in 17 categories in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016, released on Nov. 9. Four of the firm’s practices increased their rankings, including China: dispute resolution; Hong Kong: restructuring and insolvency; India: foreign firms; and South Korea: foreign firms. Two practices achieved new rankings: Hong Kong: corporate/M&A and Hong Kong: real estate.
Five partners were newly added to the list of leading individuals, and a total of 36 individual lawyers were individually mentioned.
The firm was ranked in the following practice categories:
- China: dispute resolution
- China: intellectual property
- China: private equity/VC
- Hong Kong: banking & finance
- Hong Kong: equity capital markets
- Hong Kong: corporate/M&A
- Hong Kong: investment funds
- Hong Kong: private equity
- Hong Kong: real estate
- Hong Kong: regulatory: anti-corruption/compliance
- Hong Kong: restructuring & insolvency
- Japan: antitrust & competition
- Japan: banking & finance
- Japan: corporate/M&A
- Japan: intellectual property
- India: foreign firms
- South Korea: foreign firms
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific rankings follow strong performances by the firm in key global publications, including U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers, Chambers UK and International Financial Law Review (IFLR) 1000.