2019 IFLR1000 Rankings Underscore the Strength of Ropes & Gray’s Global Reach
Ropes & Gray has been widely recognized as a leading law firm in the 2019 edition of the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) 1000, an annual guide to the world’s leading financial and corporate law firms.
Overall, Ropes & Gray was recognized in 36 categories across Asia, the United Kingdom and the United States. The firm received a new ranking for Banking – foreign (Japan), and improved its rankings in Hong Kong – Private Equity Funds and Hong Kong – Restructuring & Insolvency. The IFLR1000 editorial notes that “Ropes & Gray is one among the U.S. firms increasingly gaining traction in Hong Kong and China”.
The firm received top rankings in the following categories:
- Private equity (United States)
- Private equity funds (United States)
- Registered funds (United States)
- Financial services regulatory (United States)
- Private equity – foreign (China)
- Private equity (Hong Kong)
- Private equity funds (Hong Kong)
- Restructuring and insolvency (Hong Kong)
- Hedge funds (United States)
- M&A (United States)
- Bank lending – sponsor side (United Kingdom)
- Restructuring – bond holder and fund representation (United Kingdom)
The 2019 IFLR1000 guide launched a new jurisdiction category, “United States Regional”, in which the firm was recognized for outstanding work on behalf of clients in a number of practice areas in both New York and Massachusetts. The firm received top rankings in the following U.S. regional categories:
- Banking (Massachusetts)
- Capital markets (Massachusetts)
- M&A (Massachusetts)
- Restructuring and insolvency (Massachusetts)
- M&A (New York)
In addition to the global firm rankings, 88 lawyers were recognized as either “Market Leaders”, “Highly Regarded”, “Notable Practitioners” or “Rising Stars”. As the result of the new U.S. regional category, 23 U.S. lawyers, based in our San Francisco, Silicon Valley, New York and Boston offices, were recognized both nationally and in their respective regions.