The American Lawyer Ranks Ropes & Gray in the Top 10 on Its Pro Bono Scorecard
In its “2019 Pro Bono Scorecard,” released last week, The American Lawyer ranked Ropes & Gray in the top-ten for a second year in a row. It also ranked Ropes & Gray 11th on its International Pro Bono Scorecard.
This recognition is the most recent in a series of pro bono accolades the firm has received over the past year, which include:
- Chambers & Partners named Ropes & Gray “Pro Bono Program of the Year” at the Chambers Diversity and Inclusion Awards. The award celebrates the firm dedicated to offering the most innovative and successful pro bono support to its local or global community.
- The 2020 Vault “Best Law Firms to Work For” guide ranked Ropes & Gray number three among U.S. firms in the Pro Bono category.
- The Asian Law Caucus, the nation’s oldest nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the civil and other legal rights of Asian Pacific Islander communities, honored Ropes & Gray with its 2019 Pro Bono Award for the firm’s pro bono impact litigation on behalf of the San Francisco Chinatown Community Tenants’ Association as well as multiple individual tenants who reside in San Francisco Chinatown.
- The Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project, an organization that provides free legal services to asylum seekers and promotes the rights of detained immigrants, honored a Ropes & Gray pro bono team with its “Pro Bono Asylum Award” for 2019. The award recognizes the team’s work successfully representing the five members of a Honduran family in their application for asylum.
- The Public Interest Law Initiative added Ropes & Gray to its Pro Bono Recognition Roster, distinguishing the firm for providing pro bono legal services in Illinois.
Ropes & Gray’s dedication to public service is a hallmark of the firm. Our pro bono program allows attorneys across our global offices to assist individuals and organizations that might otherwise lack access to legal services. Our work spans many areas, including advising on complex immigration and asylum questions, advocating for those who have been wrongfully imprisoned, assisting low-income and homeless individuals with debt management, helping to meet the needs of military veterans, applying the law in novel ways to assist victims of human trafficking and sexual assault, and advocating for the LGBTQ community, among other issues.
Learn more about Ropes & Gray’s global pro bono program.