Ropes & Gray Honored With Managing IP Americas Award for IP Transactions Law Firm of the Year
At a ceremony on April 27, Ropes & Gray was honored with the Managing IP Americas Awards 2023 “IP Transactions Firm of the Year.”
Standout examples of the firm’s recent intellectual property transactions counsel include advising:
- Adaptimmune in its $3.3 billion strategic collaboration with Roche Group’s Genentech Inc. to research, develop, and commercialize cancer-target allogeneic T-cell therapies.
- Cybersecurity leader McAfee in its $14 billion take-private sale to an investor group led by Advent International Corporation that involved drafting and negotiating a complex array of key licenses and commercial agreements.
- ImmunoGen, a leader in the field of antibody-drug conjugates for the treatment of cancer, in its $1.7 billion global, multi-year licensing agreement that granted Eli Lilly and Company exclusive rights to research, develop and commercialize ADCs to disease targets selected by Lilly based on ImmunoGen’s novel drug technology.
- TPG Capital in its $4.3 billion sale of Wind River to Aptiv plc, an Ireland-based automotive technology company.
- Shape Therapeutics in a strategic research collaboration and license agreement with Roche worth up to $3 billion to use Shape’s RNA-editing platform and adeno-associated virus technology to identify and develop treatments for Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- TravelCenters of America Inc., in an approximately $1.3 billion merger agreement with British energy giant BP p.l.c. Through the agreement, BP seeks to expand its retail truck stop network with biofuels and electric vehicle charging.
- Atomwise in a multi-target collaboration with pharmaceutical giant Sanofi up to $1.2 billion to use Atomwise’s AI-based drug discovery platform to identify potential active compounds associated with certain targets of interest to accelerate Sanofi’s drug development pipeline.
- BPEA Private Equity Fund VIII (an affiliated investment fund of BPEA EQT) in partnership with existing portfolio company Nord Anglia Education in a deal to acquire IMG Academy from Endeavor Group Holdings. The transaction reflects an enterprise value of $1.25 billion. IMG Academy hosts camps and provides onsite and online sports coaching and college recruiting for more than 100,000 student-athletes worldwide.
Ropes & Gray’s intellectual property practice combines a deep understanding of the latest legal developments with cutting-edge technical and scientific knowledge to offer an all-inclusive suite of IP services.
The firm’s global IP work covers a wide range of industries, including life sciences, technology and media, retail and consumer, private equity and financial services, and health care and education. In the highly competitive world of intellectual property, Ropes & Gray’s IP attorneys are regularly recognized for their legal acumen by Chambers, The Legal 500, U.S. News & World Report, Managing Intellectual Property, Intellectual Asset Management and other national and global publications.