David Axelson is counsel in Ropes & Gray’s finance group, based in Chicago. David focuses his practice on representing private equity sponsors, portfolio companies and corporate borrowers in a broad range of leveraged finance transactions, including acquisition financings, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations and asset-based credit facilities. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, David was a finance associate in the New York office of another international law firm.
- Represented TPG Capital in connection with the debt financing for the $1.6 billion joint acquisition, with TA Associates, of Planview, an enterprise software company providing portfolio management and work management solutions
- Represented TPG Capital and Planview in connection with the debt financing for the strategic add-on acquisitions of (i) Clarizen, a provider of cloud-based work collaboration and project management solutions, and (ii) Changepoint, a provider of web-based business process automation products and services
- Represented TPG Capital in connection with the debt financing for the acquisition of Nintex, a workflow automation company
- Represented TPG Growth in connection with the debt financing for its acquisition of Implantable Provider Group, a provider of surgical cost management solutions
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in connection with the financing for its acquisition of Accordion Partners, a financial and technology consulting firm
- Represented Tecomet, Inc. and certain of its affiliates in connection with the refinancing of its approximately $1 billion capital structure, including through the provision of a new revolving credit facility and privately placed first-lien term loan. Tecomet is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of orthopedic, robotic assisted, and minimally invasive surgical products, as well as precision components for the aerospace and defense industry
- Represented Sycamore Partners in connection with the bridge financing for its acquisition of The Goddard School, a leading franchisor of premium early childhood education centers across the United States
- Represented CCMP Capital in connection with the sale of its portfolio company, Truck Hero, a leading provider of functional aftermarket accessories for pickup trucks and Jeeps, to a consortium led by L Catterton, and the related refinancing of its existing credit facilities
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in connection with the debt financing for its acquisition of Capstone Logistics, a provider of supply chain solutions to distribution centers catering primarily to the grocery, food service and retail industries
- Represented Silver Lake Partners in connection with the financing for its Series D investment in Vacasa, North America's largest vacation rental management platform
- Represented Change Healthcare in connection with the debt financing for its acquisition of PDX, a provider of innovative technologies for pharmacies and health systems and eRx Network, a leading provider of comprehensive, innovative, and secure data-driven solutions for pharmacies.
- Brookfield Business Partners in connection with financing for its $4.6 billion acquisition of Westinghouse Electric Company.*
- CenturyLink, Inc. in the $1 billion 144A offering of Level 3 Financing, Inc. senior notes.*
- Court Square Capital Partners in connection with financing for the combination of its portfolio company, Research Now, with Survey Sampling International.*
- Genstar Capital in connection with financing for its acquisition of Institutional Shareholder Services.*