Scott Abramowitz is a partner in Ropes & Gray’s private equity transactions practice group, based in New York. He has broad experience representing private equity funds, their portfolio companies and corporate clients in a wide variety of complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, leveraged buyouts, growth equity financings, joint ventures and other investment transactions. He also regularly counsels clients on general corporate matters and corporate governance. Scott has advised on transactions across many industries, including business services and technology, health care, financial services and industrials.
Business Services and Technology
- Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in the acquisition of Quicken, a leading provider of personal financial management software and services, from H.I.G. Capital.
- Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in its agreement to acquire AON’s U.S. Retirement Business (transaction terminated).
- Represented McAfee Corp., a device to-cloud cybersecurity company, in the sale of its Enterprise business to a consortium led by Symphony Technology Group.
- Represented Veeam Software, a cloud-focused backup and disaster recovery services provider, in its sale to Insight Partners.
- Represented Stone Point Capital in its acquisition of Eliassen Group, a leading national strategic consulting and talent solutions firm focused on IT staffing, and subsequent follow-on acquisitions by Eliassen Group.*
- Represented Stone Point Capital in its minority investment in Applied Systems, a portfolio company of Hellman & Friedman and a leading global provider of cloud-based software to the insurance industry.*
- Represented Stone Point Capital in the recapitalization of Ten-X, a leading online real estate marketplace, with Thomas H. Lee Partners.*
- Represented Stone Point Capital in the sale of C3/CustomerContactChannels, a global provider of BPO services, to Everstone Group.*
- Represented Oasis Outsourcing, a professional employer organization (PEO) and portfolio company of Stone Point Capital, in numerous acquisitions.*
- Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in the sale of RIA in a Box, a leading Software-as-a-Service provider of compliance, cybersecurity, and operational software solutions to the wealth management industry.
- Represented iCapital Network in its acquisition of the Axio Finance, a leading end-to-end service provider to the U.S. structured notes market.
- Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in the acquisition of PrimePay, a national payroll, human capital and benefits services company.
- Represented iCapital Network in its acquisition of the Artivest platform and operating business, which provides for accessing and investing in alternatives.
- Represented Stone Point Capital in its acquisition of Black Mountain Systems, a leading provider of software solutions to credit investors and alternative asset managers, and in the subsequent sale of Black Mountain Systems to Vista Equity Partners.*
- Represented Stone Point Capital in its acquisition of Finxera, a leading banking as a service (BaaS) platform that allows enterprises to incorporate banking and payment services into their applications.*
- Represented Stone Point Capital in its acquisition of Stretto (f/k/a Bankruptcy Management Solutions), a bankruptcy-technology firm serving the corporate-restructuring and consumer-bankruptcy industries.*
Health Care and Health Care Services
- Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in its investment in U.S. Medical Management, a family of companies dedicated to providing high-quality, coordinated health care in the home, from Centene Corporation.
- Representing DentaQuest, a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners, in the sale of DentaQuest to Sun Life Financial.
- Represented Centerbridge Partners and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in their acquisition of Medical Solutions, which specializes in placing quality travel nurses, allied health care professional and non-clinical professionals in contingent as well as permanent positions for hospitals, clinics and long-term care facilities throughout the United States, from TPG Growth.
- Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in the formation of Valtruis and in connection with investments by Valtruis in Wayspring and Cricket Health.
- Represented Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its investment in M2GEN, a leading oncology data and informatics platform focused on transforming cancer care.
- Represented Stone Point Capital in its acquisition of Mitchell International, a leading provider of technology, connectivity and information solutions for insurance providers and pharmacies, from KKR and Elliot Management.*
- Represented Stone Point Capital in its acquisition of Genex Services, a leading provider of cost containment services to the workers’ compensation industry, from Apax Partners.*
Industrials and Industrial Services
- Represented Harvest Partners in its acquisition of Fortis Solutions Group, a leading converter of pressure sensitive labels and label applicators.
- Represented Monomoy Capital Partners in its acquisition of Liberty Safe and Security Products, a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded and private label safes for residential use, from Compass Diversified Holdings.
- Represented Monomoy Capital Partners in its acquisition of Astro Shapes, a leading manufacturer of custom-finished aluminum extrusions in the Midwest and Northeast United States.
- Represented Harvest Partners in its investment in The Vincit Group, a leading provider of food safety and pathogen control services for the protein industry.
- Represented Harvest Partners in its acquisition of Lazer Spot, a leading provider of outsourced yard management services including trailer spotting and shuttling from Greenbrier.
Asset Management, Broker-Dealer Services and Specialty Finance
- Represented Galway Insurance Holdings, a portfolio company of Harvest Partners, in its investment in MAI Capital Management, an independent registered investment adviser specializing in comprehensive investment and financial planning for high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Represented Stone Point Capital in the acquisition of a majority stake in Focus Financial Partners, a leading partnership of independent, fiduciary wealth management firms, and in connection with the subsequent initial public offering of Focus Financial Partners.*
- Represented Stone Point Capital in the sale of Kestra Financial, a leading broker dealer and independent advisor platform, to Warburg Pincus.*
- Represented Clarfeld Financial Advisors LLC, a leading wealth management firm, in its sale to Citizens Financial Group.*
- Represented Stone Point Capital in the sale of Newport Group, a leading provider of retirement plans and consulting services, to Kelso & Company.*
- Represented Stone Point Capital in the sale of NXT Capital, a leading provider of structured financing solutions and asset management services, to ORIX USA.*
- Represented Stone Point Capital in the sale of Lancaster Pollard, a leading provider of investment banking, mortgage banking, balance sheet financing and M&A advisory services for senior living and health care clients, to ORIX USA.*
- Represented Harvest Partners in its majority investment in Galway Insurance Holdings, the holding company for EPIC Brokers & Consultants and JenCap Holdings, alongside Oak Hill Capital and The Carlyle Group.
- Represent Risk Strategies, a national insurance brokerage and risk management firm and portfolio company of Kelso & Company, on numerous acquisitions.
- Represented Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of K2 Insurance Services, the holding company for a diverse group of specialty managing general agents, and the related spinoff of Aegis Security Insurance Company.*
- Represented Stone Point Capital in the sale of Preferred Concepts, a leading insurance program underwriter and wholesale broker, to Alliant Insurance Services.*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray