Andrew is an associate in Ropes & Gray's capital solutions and finance group, based in London. Andrew joined the firm in August 2021 and, prior to this, worked in the finance teams at another international firm and a U.S. firm.
Andrew advises on a wide-range of multi-jurisdictional event-driven financing transactions, with particular experience of real estate finance and acting for private credit investors in respect of alternative investments and special situations opportunities.
- Advised Smurfit Kappa Group, Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world, on the financing aspects of its proposed combination with WestRock, an American corrugated packaging company
- Advised VMS on a term loan financing transaction for the acquisition of the entire share capital of Coastal Force Limited in connection with a real estate development investment in Tel Aviv, Israel
- Advised Blackstone Mortgage Trust and Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies on the financing of its $6.4 billion acquisition of the Crown Resorts luxury hotel and casino portfolio in Australia
- Advised the International Finance Facility for Immunisation (IFFIm) – part of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance - in respect of the Government of Brazil’s $20 million grant to IFFIm and its wider bonds issuance programme*
- Advised a leading global investment management firm in connection with the purchase of arbitration awards totalling over €350 million*
- Advised a FTSE AIM 100 company on its £200 million term and revolving refinancing facilities combined with a €330 million bond issuance*
- Represented a borrower group in respect of a £100 million development financing*
- Acted for Drax Group plc in connection with the £702 million acquisition of Scottish Power's generation projects from Iberdola SA*
- Acted for a private equity firm in respect of a £45 million investment in a portfolio of global class actions*
- Advised Countrywide plc in relation to its capital refinancing by way of £140 million firm placing and open offer*
- Acted for several private equity houses in relation to mezzanine real estate financings, including hotel, residential and development financings*
- Represented a number of clients in respect of their debt capital market programmes, including Santander, Diageo Plc and Electrolux*
- Represented buyers of loan portfolios in the real estate, hospitality and shipping sectors across Europe, as well as buyers and sellers of distressed debt and claims globally*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray